The Final Weeks

December 5, 2017

 

After realizing it's been awhile since I've posted, I wanted to do a final update before the reveal.

 

I've since got the camper from the shop where the break lines were reconnected, all of the propane was installed and the last bits of welding taken care of. I've had it back for four weeks now and the solar brings in more than enough power for regular use of my (6) LED puck lights, Fantastic fan, radio, phone charger and detectors. The 12V batteries can deplete as low as 6V though they've yet to dip below 11V (and the days aren't always sunny lately). My Wave 3 propane heater warms the camper up enough to keep it around 65 degrees when the outside temperature drops to the low 30's and my (2)-20 lb propane tanks will keep the heater going on high for about a week and a half.

 

But of course it couldn't wrap up that easily. After the first good rain I discovered a leak around the rear bedroom window; by using a hose I was able to find that there was water coming in through the rear lights. There were significant sized holes from the old fixtures that needed patching so I used Dicor non-leveling sealant to seal around the new wiring and poof: water no longer pouring in like the Niagara falls.

 

Now that we're in the midst of the holidays and it's gotten too cold to be working outside, I'm happy to say the Shasta is complete and last touches are in the works. Photos are coming through and I look forward to presenting the final product soon. It's about time, I'd say.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

© 2016